Henry Ford‘s Hemp Plastic Car (1941)
Henry Ford’s first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR ITSELF WAS CONSTRUCTED FROM HEMP! On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, ‘grown from the soil,’ had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel; Popular Mechanics, 1941.
- The many uses of Hemp (friendsinyourarea.wordpress.com)
- Growth in Australian Hemp Farmers (eco-business.com)
- Everything Petroleum Does, Hemp Does Better (blacklistednews.com)
- Hemp Can Save America and the World! (activistpost.com)
- Hemp growers optimistic Amendment 64 could help them (denverpost.com)
- Ingredient to Watch: Hemp Seed Oil (bellasugar.com)