Tassie poppies – helping the world
President of Tasmanian Poppy Growers Glynn Williams is in Vienna for the Commission for Narcotic Drugs annual conference and says farmers in Tasmania have been given a challenge to meet the expected demand.
He says production figures released at the conference confirm Tasmania could increase poppy production in the next year to 30 thousand hectares
How is it the Australian Government can allow some people in South Australia and the Australian Capital Territory to grow Hemp for their medicinal requirements but let a corporation increase its Poppy production by some 30 thousand acres? Prohibition only makes criminals rich and if some states can legally have hemp grown by the populous Why Not all states or does the government practice discrimination?
- Great News From The Poppy Fields Of Afghanistan: Bumper Harvest This Year! (stirringtroubleinternationally.com)
- GUEST ESSAY: DEA cultivated a myth about hemp in America (poststar.com)
- Sharp rise in thefts from Tasmania’s poppy fields (abc.net.au)
- Afghan opium production hits record (independent.ie)
- Afghanistan opium poppy cultivation at record high (telegraph.co.uk)
- Poppy fields forever? Record opium output boosts Afghan warlords’ power base (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- The Flower of the Week: The Poppy (simplyhorticulture.wordpress.com)
- UN says Afghanistan producing record amounts of opium (foxnews.com)