Our discussion today focusses on the key issue of integrity in media and journalism. We take a look at the way the major news organisations filter information and influence editorial direction from the top down.
Amber describes her experience as a whistleblower on CNN’s dishonest reporting on Bahrain, and the suppression of her own genuine investigative reporting which exposed the brutal repression of a popular movement for reform in that country.
Amber’s CNN documentary iRevolution: Online Warriors of the Arab Spring has not been broadcast since its initial showing on US CNN and has has never been shown on CNN International, which has wide coverage in the Middle East.
Amber has also engaged in extensive coverage of protest movements within the US, which she has documented in her recent book Peace, Love, and Pepper Spray.
She is currently working on a new book which investigates the use of psychadelic drugs as medicines.
• Bahrain portion of iRevolution on CNN June 19 2011
i also recommend
John Pilger Deconstructs the New World Order
• The Secret Country: The First Australians Fight Back
• A new John Pilger film, Utopia, is now showing in UK cinemas
• Today Tonight : Centrelink’s new Basics card
• Coalition bid to expand welfare quarantining
• John Pilger: The new propaganda is liberal. The new slavery is digital
• John Pilger: The brutal past and present are another country in secret Australia
- Alex Jones Show: Friday (12-20-13) Amber Lyon & Larry Klayman (alternativenewsalert.com)
- CNN’s Amber Lyon Stomped By Police In Chicago Along With Other Protesters (pakalertpress.com)
- John Pilger’s ‘Utopia’ (urbantimes.co)
- CNN Lies and Government Corruption with Amber Lyon (consciouslifenews.com)
- Utopia – A film by John Pilger – Official trailer (aboriginalwriter.wordpress.com)
- ‘Chilling Effect on Free Speech’ [Amber Lyon @ The Alex Jones Show 20-Dec-2013] (disclose.tv)